May 24, 2012
Dec 16, 2011
May 5, 2011
Neat Image v7 standalone (Windows)
Neat Image team is pleased to introduce the 7th generation of its
noise reduction solution for digital photography that inherits and
refines the highest quality and efficiency traditionally delivered
by Neat Image.
This new major version of Neat Image continues the line of the standalone
versions of Neat Image that were earlier available within the Neat
Image v1-v6 Home, Home+, Pro and Pro+ editions 32-bit (Win).
Neat Image v7 standalone comes in two editions: Home and Pro. Each
edition now includes both 32-bit and 64-bit builds.
The new major version of Neat Image standalone includes the following
changes and improvements:
- Higher performance: the first GPU-accelerated version
of Neat Image standalone
- CUDA support: faster noise reduction using modern CUDA-compatible
For example, on NVidia
GTX 470 Neat Image is about x2.5 faster than
on Intel i7 and x3-x7 faster than on Intel
i5 or Core2 Duo
- Multiple GPU support
Neat Image works even faster with two
or more CUDA GPUs
- CPUs and GPUs working together
Neat Image can use CPUs and GPUs at
the same time for even faster processing
- Automated optimization of performance settings for multi-core,
multi-CPU and multi-GPU systems
- Built-in benchmark to measure image processing
speed on specific hardware
- Built-in performance optimizer in Neat
- Additional performance optimizations throughout the application:
- Faster batch processing: x1.5 faster than in previous
- Faster individual image processing: x1.2 faster than
in previous version
- Both 32-bit and 64-bit versions available
- Improved user interface
- Multi-image and single-image modes
- Improved task editor to work on individual images
- Detailed and thumbnail-only list of tasks to work with
- New and improved batching facilities
- Redesigned graphics elements throughout the application
- More intuitive noise profile equalizer with adjustable
- Improved image viewer with several modes and adjustable
- Component viewer built directly into image viewer
- Automated preview (full window or selected area)
- More improvements
- Support for 32-bit per channel images (in Pro edition,
in addition to 8-bit and 16-bit ones) to enable HDR post-processing
- Smart Profile: automatically uses two different profiling
methods and selects the better resulting profile for more
accurate noise reduction
- Improved metadata (EXIF) compatibility with the latest
D7000, D3100, P500, P300, P7000, S8100, etc.
Pricing and Availability
Neat Image standalone (Win) is available in three editions:
- Demo edition: free edition with limited
functionality; free; download
This edition demonstrates the capabilities
of Neat Image and can be used to process individual images
for non-commercial purposes.
- Home edition: supports 8-bit (per channel)
images and limited batching; $39.90; purchase
This edition is intended for home users. Supports
8-bit images (like JPEGs produced by compact cameras).
- Pro edition: supports 8-bit, 16-bit
and 32-bit images and unlimited batching; $69.90; purchase
This edition is intended for professionals
who process large amounts of images and work with
Licenses for non-Demo editions of Neat Image standalone (Win) can
be ordered in the Purchase page.
Multi-user licenses are available
with volume discounts.
Neat Image standalone (Win) can also be purchased in a bundle with
other version(s) of Neat Image.
The product is delivered as a digital download.