Neat Image plug-in
for Mac OSX
May 29, 2013
Neat Image 7.4 plug-in is available
Neat Image 7.4 update adds support for more GPUs,
improves compatibility and fixes bugs.
This version includes the following changes and improvements:
- Added support for new Mac-compatible GPU: AMD Radeon HD 7950 Mac
Other supported AMD/ATI cards:
- ATI Radeon HD 5770/5870;
- AMD Radeon HD 6750M/6770M/6970M;
- Some other models of AMD/ATI cards (please
directly try the plug-in or contact support to verify).
- Added support for new NVidia GPUs with CUDA Compute Capability 3.5
(such as GeForce GTX Titan and Tesla K20)
- Improved Navigator panel (adjustable in menu Tools > Navigator)
- Improved compatibility with OSX 10.8
- Several bugs have been fixed
This update is free for licensed users of the version 7 and older of
Neat Image plug-in for Aperture (Mac).
Please use your license to log on to the corresponding download area:
New noise profiles in the library
Many new profile sets have been created and submitted to the profile
library by generous users of Neat Image.
We are very grateful to all the contributors who build new profiles
for the community of Neat Image users. Please also participate in building
new profiles for digital cameras and scanners. Using the Batch Profiler
in Neat Image plug-in, you can easily build a profile set for your camera.
Please see the user guide (specifically,
the "Device noise profiles" section) for additional information.
Nov 14, 2012
Neat Image 7.3 adds GPU acceleration on AMD/ATI cards
Neat Image 7.3 update introduces direct support for
GPU-based acceleration on AMD/ATI video cards via OpenCL.
Earlier in version 7.0, Neat Image added CUDA-based acceleration for
Starting with the 7.3 update, Neat Image can also use some computation-capable
AMD/ATI cards through the OpenCL interface.
The updated Neat Image 7.3 plug-in for Aperture includes:
- Added support for AMD/ATI GPUs (GPU acceleration is now possible
with both NVidia and AMD/ATI cards)
The following AMD/ATI GPUs are supported (Mac OSX 10.7.0 or newer
- ATI Radeon HD 5770/5870;
- AMD Radeon HD 6750M/6770M/6970M;
- Some other models of AMD/ATI cards (please directly try the
plug-in or contact support to verify)
Note: Using the latest models of AMD GPUs is recommended for
the best performance.
- New Navigator panel to quickly locate image areas using a thumbnail
- Minor corrections in the reduced brightness color theme
- More accurate GPU speed measurements (in Optimize and Benchmark)
- Improved support for OSX 10.8 (Mountain Lion)
- Several minor issues and bugs have been fixed
May 24, 2012
Dec 16, 2011
May 5, 2011
Neat Image v7 plug-in for Aperture (Mac OSX)
Neat Image team is pleased to introduce the 7th generation of its
noise reduction solution for digital photography that inherits and
refines the highest quality and efficiency traditionally delivered
by Neat Image.
The new major version of Neat Image plug-in for Aperture includes
the following changes and improvements:
- Higher performance: the first GPU-accelerated version
of Neat Image plug-in for Aperture
- CUDA support: faster noise reduction using modern CUDA-compatible
GPUs (on Intel Macs)
For example, on NVidia GTX
285 Neat Image is about x2.5 faster than on Intel
i7 and x3-x7 faster than on Intel i5 or Core2
- Multiple GPU support
Neat Image works even faster with two
or more CUDA GPUs
- CPUs and GPUs working together
Neat Image can use CPUs and GPUs at
the same time for even faster processing
- Automated optimization of performance settings for multi-core,
multi-CPU and multi-GPU systems
- Built-in benchmark to measure image processing
speed on specific hardware
- Built-in performance optimizer in Neat
- More improvements
- Smart Profile: automatically uses two different profiling
methods and selects the better resulting profile for more
accurate noise reduction
- Redesigned graphics elements throughout the plug-in
- Improved metadata (EXIF) compatibility with the latest
D7000, D3100, P500, P300, P7000, S8100, etc.
Pricing and availability
Neat Image plug-in for Aperture is available in the following three
- Demo plug-in: free edition with limited
functionality; free; download
This edition demonstrates the capabilities
of Neat Image and can be used to process small images for
- Home plug-in: supports 8-bit (per channel)
images and processes up to 100 images in one batch; $39.90; purchase
This edition is intended
for home users. Supports 8-bit images
(like JPEGs produced by compact cameras).
- Pro plug-in: supports both 8- and 16-bit
images and supports unlimited batches; $69.90; purchase
This edition is intended for professionals
who process large amounts of images and work with 16-bit
Licenses for non-Demo editions of Neat Image plug-in for Aperture
can be ordered in the Purchase page.
Multi-user licenses are available
with volume discounts.
Neat Image plug-in for Aperture can also be purchased in a bundle with
other version(s) of Neat Image.
The product is delivered as a digital download.
Version 7 of the plug-in for Aperture is a free upgrade for registered
users of version 6 of that plug-in. You can use the original license
and download instruction to directly download the new version from the
corresponding download area:
Upgrading from older versions
- download area of the Pro plug-in
- download area of the Home plug-in
For users of other versions of Neat Image
Caring for our current customers who already use other versions of
Neat Image (for example, Neat Image plug-in
for Photoshop (Mac)), we offer the Aperture plug-in with discounts.
You can find a special offer in the download area of your current version
of Neat Image, or just contact us for more
information. We will be glad to help you.
March 9, 2010
May 28, 2009
January 19, 2009
Neat Image v6 plug-in for Aperture
A new product -- new version of Neat Image -- is released:
Neat Image plug-in for Apple Aperture.
This version of Neat Image is designed to work as a filter plug-in
in Aperture 2.1.
The product is based on the noise reduction technology originally
developed in classic versions of Neat Image, and incorporates the
latest changes and improvements of those versions. The quality of
noise reduction and filtration speed is the same high as in the traditional Photoshop
plug-in version of Neat Image for Mac.
The key features of Neat Image plug-in for Aperture:
- Latest noise reduction engine
- highest filtration quality
- very good processing speed
- Aperture support
- use Neat Image directly in the latest version of Aperture
- use Neat Image to do Aperture-style batching
- Improved GUI
- Neat Image plug-in's GUI has been redrawn from scratch and includes
- Automatic profiling
- using input images (multiple areas of input images are analyzed
- using Batch Profiler and Calibration Target
- Improved compatibility
- Neat Image plug-in includes support for newest digital
(improved metadata/EXIF support
for Nikon D700, D90 and several more new Nikon cameras)